Song: "Hey, Soul Sister"
What we've learned so far:
- The song is in the key of E Major
- The song only has 3 sections: Introduction, Verse, and Chorus. There is no Bridge section in this song.
- The chord progression in the introduction is almost exactly identical to the chord progression of the verse.
(The verse differs slightly in that every 8th measure features the chords | A B | rather than playing an A chord for a full measure, as in the introduction).
- The starting vocal melody notes in the introduction -- the first "Hey" -- are G# F#.
- The song only features 4 chords: E B C#m A
( | I | V | vi | IV | in the key of E)
- The starting vocal melody notes in the verse are B G#
(B is the lower note, ascending to G#)
I hope all my students learning this song are having a blast. This week we'll try to tackle the chorus.
Post a Comment