Things we've discovered thus far:
- Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" is in the key of F# minor
- The song features a very distinctive bass line in the Introduction and Verses. It is comprised of notes from the F# minor pentatonic scale
- The R.H. chords in the Intro. are all first inversion triads moving in parallel motion
- The verse alternates between only two chords: i (F#m) and iv (Bm)
- The beginning melody note in the verse is C#
Several motivated students have already figured the other 2 chords that appear in the song as well as much more. The more time you spend learning songs by ear, the better you become at it.
Here's a simple truth about life: invest time and effort in a structured way, and ye shall improve at whatever ye pursue.
Post a Comment