Skip to main content

Last day teaching at Allegro Music, Fremont


I got my start as a music teacher in December 2002, shortly after graduating college. My good friend Ian, who I was living with at the time, recommended me to the owner at Allegro Music in Fremont when an opening for a piano teacher popped up on Fridays. (Ian is an outstanding guitarist; he taught for many years at Allegro. He now lives in Oregon with his wife and their three children.)
I never had any desire to teach. I fell into this work backwards, and it took me some years to fully embrace the job. My teaching position at Allegro has been vital in this journey - a key signpost in the progression to who I am today. 
At my peak, I was teaching four days a week at the store. In more recent years I have been teaching two days a week in Fremont: Mondays and Tuesdays. During the 2011-12 school year I pared my Allegro schedule down to a single day: Mondays.
Today was my final day teaching at Allegro. I have been there for nine and a half years. Through many ups and downs, living in several different cities around the bay area, trying and failing with dozens of different musical projects, getting married, buying a house, having a child. The things that have happened to me during the last decade are not insignificant!
I will now turn my full energies to building up and strengthening my home teaching studio in Castro Valley. I'll be looking forward, but with great appreciation for what has just slipped into the rearview mirror.
Jesse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2013 CM Theory Practice Test Answer Key

Happy puppy says: " You can find the answers to your CM 2013 Practice Test here. "

CM Ear Training Evaluation mp3's

Beethoven practicing ear training (circa 1820 ) 2004 Theory Test Ear Training Links: Prep Level Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 Level 5 Level 6 Level 7 Level 8 Level 9 Advanced Level 2007 Theory Test Ear Training Links: Prep Level Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 Level 5 Level 6 Level 7 Level 8 Level 9 Advanced Level 2008 Theory Test Ear Training Links: Prep Level Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 Level 5 Level 6 Level 7 Level 8 Level 9 Advanced Level 2013 Theory Test Ear Training Links: Prep Level Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 Level 5 Level 6 Level 7 Level 8 Level 9 Advanced Leve l Beethoven after upgrading his headphones. Note the happier expression!

December 16th recital - Group 1 & 2 performers list

Christ's Community Church, Hayward *names are not listed in performance order* Group 1 (2:30) Tristan Jasper Clara Mason Kaitlyn Grace Curt Jeremy Aneesh Ayush Dani Derrick Group 2 (4:00) Cayden Sophia Janki Joey Shaleen Abby D. Ayla Abby W. Matthew Gideon Henry Rylan